Monday, June 27, 2011

Post Draft Thoughts

Although I didn't really stick with posting my NBA Playoffs bets on the blog, I enjoyed doing it and I will probably do it to a fuller capacity next season, assuming there is one. I found it tough to fully envelope myself in the game if I was thinking about my blog and such. However, DP and I were extremely successful betting throughout the playoffs and the Mavericks were a big part of it. We went 12-1 taking the Mavericks against the spread (ATS) throughout, and the Finals were no different. Anyone who bought points for the Mavs probably felt even better each game they covered. As the season is over, and my sports knowledge is primarily limited to NBA and NFL. DP is taking over the reigns as account manager. We ended up taking a few bets on the Draft and came out on top with all but one of them cashing in. We went heavy on Kemba Walker getting picked later than the 6th Pick (+6.5) and cashed in quite nicely. One would say DP is ballin'.

Regarding the actual draft though, I feel really good with how the Wizards' management performed. Taking Jan Vesely at 6 was obviously the bright spot. We wanted him, he wanted us, a match made in heaven. As he kissed his girlfriend in celebration, we had to pause it (<3 DVR) and make note that she was near 6'3" and upon further Google inspection, realized she was part of the Czech Republic Woman's National team. Anyway, I really liked drafting Chris Singleton and Shelvin Mack as we addressed several gaping holes in our roster with young talent. Chris Singleton has the ability to be a lock down defender in the NBA, clearly something the Wizards have lacked since (...Deshawn?) forever, and Shelvin Mack as a solid back-up point guard for John Wall. This ended up possibly being the best draft the Wizards (maybe even Bullets, too) have seen in a long, long time, and the best under Grunfeld by far, so yeah, it's a big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment